What a great month we have had here at Literary Exploration. The site was officially launched on the 1st and we have been releasing a new post every one to two days. I really hope we can keep up this momentum and I’ve been working hard to get more and more content on the site for your enjoyment. You might have noticed some older books being reviewed on the site as well as some new releases and ARCs. I hope you are enjoying the mixture of old and new as well as the different genres because we plan to read books and put up content of all types of books. We are proud to have a guest post up already as well as two books that I’m hoping people will enjoy when they are released in June.
On the forums on Goodreads we have been reading the classic detective novel; The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. This was the first time I’ve ever read this book and I’m still trying to work out why it took me so long to read it. Next month we will be reading another classic novel, when we read the Victorian novel; The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I hope you can join in the discussions on Goodreads and have your say on what books we will read in the future.
My reading has been going really well this month, from trying out my first book in the popular Harry Hole series, to the laughs of the weird things customers say in bookstores. Highlights for me included the Russian classic Crime and Punishment which may be a massive book; it was just a beautiful crime novel and a real joy to read. Talulla Rising by Glen Duncan which will be released on the 26th of June is an exciting follow up to The Last Werewolf; it’s dark, gritty, over sexed and I highly recommend it. As well as Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell and Drive by James Sallis which are both great crime novels.
- The Redbreast by Jo Nesbø
- Problems With a Girl & a Unicorn by Nick Earls
- A Brewing Storm by Richard Castle
- The Red House by Mark Haddon
- The Mountain by Drusilla Modjeska
- Final Crossing by Carter Wilson
- The Fix by Nick Earls
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
- Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
- The Deep Blue Good-by by John D. MacDonald
- For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
- Drive by James Sallis
- Talulla Rising by Glen Duncan
- Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell
- Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky